Monday, January 7, 2013

Confession Number 105: I Don't Do Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions really aren't my thing.  Kind of strange when I think of it, considering I'm such a goal oriented person.  However, this year, I can't help but find myself considering a few new goals for the coming months.  In no particular order...drumroll please!

1- Work on my relationships.  Relationships with my kids, husband, friends, God.  The list goes on and on.  I particularly have let my friendships slide for the most part since going back to work.  When I would whine about it (as I often did) Dustin would remind me that friendship is something you have to work toward.  It doesn't just happen.  Sigh.  So, here I am, recommitting myself to calling or texting friends out of the blue, getting together for playdates and mommy dates and making MOPS a priority.  The relationships I made with women there are invaluable.  This goal also includes more quiet time with God and more meaningful time with my husband and children.  The time I have with them should be special and fun, not momma always spending her time marking things off on her to do list.  How to find all of this time?  Well, I'm still working on that, but at least I'm working on it, right??  The first step is half the battle.  At least that is what I'm telling myself.

2- Be flexible.  With "Baby Charli" on the way, I do believe this goal may be the key to my existence.  This means not getting my tail in a knot when things don't go how I think they should.  Embracing being late to church.  At least we are there.  Hugging on my children even when they don't get a bath every single night.  A little dirt under the nails makes them healthier.  Leaving the house with out make up.  Who am I kidding?  I do this frequently anyway!  Realizing that work is work and leaving it there.  Something I will *struggle* with as testing approaches this spring.  Going with the flow when the schedule changes unexpectedly.  This one sometimes throws me for a loop and can  turn a good mood sour. 

3- Pray for clarity.  It seems each year I struggle with realizing God's plan for my life.  This year is no different.  Yesterday in our small group at church, our leader, Lance, asked what our prayer for the year was.  So many went through my head.  A strong marriage.  A healthy Baby Charli.  Health for my family.  One kept standing out among all the others.  Clarity.  For God's plan.  For God's will.  For God to expose Himself to me in a way he never has before. 

So, yeah.  I guess I'm doing resolutions this year.  I hate it when I'm wrong.   

No comments:

Post a Comment