Thursday, August 12, 2010

Confession Number 52: I Kinda Like 30

I'm a few weeks into this new decade in my life, and I have to say,  it isn't too bad.  I mean, it's not like something earth shattering happens in that minute that you officially become older.  It's not like I instantly saw more wrinkles or felt like I was getting around slower.  It just was.  Literally, one minute I was 29 and the next, I was 30.  For the first time (that I remember) I was up at that minute.  I was born at 2:07 and Kennedy woke up that night at 2:06.  You can't tell me God didn't have something to do with that.  I mean, come on.  Chance?  I think not.

The day I had been dreading for weeks was actually really great.  I spent the morning with Mom and Lynn, who headed back home after lunch at our favorite Mexican joint.  Then Dustin surprised me with a hot stone massage in the afternoon.  To ease my old and aching muscles.  It.  was.  goooood.  I didn't drool this time, though.  I promise!

He then surprised me with a little gathering of our closest friends here in Grove.  We had such a good time.  Here are a few of the highlights...
Hiding my eyes while they brought in my birthday cake.  Thankfully, it had no candles!

Showing off my amazing cake my way talented friend Julie made (check her out here) and the incredible new ipad from Dustin.  I have such a great hubby!  Back off girls, I know you are jealous, but he is all mine!


With all the girls!  I am truly blessed to have an amazing group of women in my life.  Thanks, girls!

As the night wore on comments started being made about me being a cougar.  I don't think 30 quite qualifies you for cougar status, but since Dustin is a couple of years younger than I am, the group was letting them fly.  Here are a few fun shots of the cougar in action...
At least you are never too old to have a little fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! Looks like fun! Wish we could have been there! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I'm just now seeing this post! LOVED the party! I am so glad we got to celebrate with the hottest 30 year old I know! :)
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete