Friday, December 31, 2010

Confession Number 67: Oh, I Love A Rainy Night!

It has been forever since we have had any measurable form of precipitation in our neck of the woods.  The earth was parched and the lake was low.  A cold front is heading our way, destined to ruin the humid, balmy December temperatures we have had the last few days.  It was a combo perfect for a good, old fashioned, spring like rainstorm. 
It started moving through sometime early this morning.  I woke up, heard the pounding on my windows, smiled to myself and cuddled a little deeper into the covers.  I love, love, love sleeping in the rain.  The storm would come and go, and it started up again a little before 6:30.  For the first time ever we hear the pitter patter of little feet coming across the living room whispering, "Mommy!  Mommy!  I'm scared.  Can I get in bed with you?"  Dustin gets out of bed to pick her up and lift her under the covers where she immediately snuggles up with both of us for the next 30 minutes.  The best morning EVER.  I'm loving this rainy night....or morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment