Monday, April 1, 2013

Confession Number 109: I Forgot

I sat down this morning to work on some of the pictures from Little Man's 2nd birthday and realized I never shared my Big Girl's 5th birthday.  It was only 6 months ago, so I'm not THAT late.  A lot has been going on since then and it just slipped my mind.  Anyway, going back and looking through the pics from that day reminded me just how cute her party was and how much I love spoiling my kids on their special days.  :)

Miss Kennedy and I came up with the idea to have a Cake Boss birthday party, since, at that time, that was a show she and I would watch together while Cole was napping.  We both loved it!  I found a vintage type cake shop invitation from bnute.  Betsy does great work and was super easy to work with!  KJ decided she wanted everyone to have aprons, chef hats and cake stands with their own cakes to decorate.  I can't remember where I found the pink aprons and chef's hats online, but the price was right and they were the right color.  I found some fabric I fell in love with from fabricshoppe on Etsy.  I love Etsy, if you can't tell.  I used the fabric to add ruffles to the aprons and make a super cute bunting I hung on the window. 
 
 
I embroidered each girl's name on her hat.  Soooo cute!!


Stemmed glassware and vintage china plates were glued together to create cake plates to hold each girl's own cake creation.  I found these for pennies at various thrift and Goodwill stores.  I have to say, what an easy project!!!

 
The girls had so much fun decorating!  And I have to say, the adults helping had lots of fun, too!!


 
 
No birthday party is complete without a real birthday cake to blow out the candles on and eat!  Our cakes always come from Julie Smith from Tasty Creations here in Grove.  She is amazing and always impresses with her decorating skills and tasty cakes!


 
 
Looking back, we had so much fun!  I can't believe we are halfway through her year and she will be six before I know it.  That takes two hands to show people!!  How that is possible, I just don't know, but I know I am so excited to see what type of young lady she grows into.  Love ya Miss Kennedy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment