Monday, December 21, 2009

Confession Number Four: He's Pretty Good


When we were younger, buying for Dustin was always difficult. One thing that compounded the problem is that his birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas, so I have to save up all of my ideas throughout the year and go crazy in December. Over the years, I have figured out my husband....a little bit, and shopping for him has become a bit easier.

Dustin, on the other hand, has always been a great gift giver. Some would even say that he amazing at gift giving. Over the 8 Christmases we have been together his gifts have included diamond earrings, a laptop, and a new truck. I know ladies, try not to be jealous. Since Kennedy was born, we decided to forgo gifts for each other at Christmas and only allow Santa to fill our stockings. However, a couple of days ago, my husband emerged from our bedroom with a wrapped box. After me insisting that we didn't buy each other Christmas gifts, he argues that it isn't. "Can't you tell by the wrapping? It isn't a Christmas gift. It is a 'because I love you gift'." Sweet, isn't he? I DO have a great husband. Okay girls, let me pause for a second to explain this wrapping job to you. His skills weren't bad. He picked a pink, red, purple and white plaid paper that I must have bought during a temporary stint of color blindness. The medium sized box was topped with a metallic blue Christmas bow. It cracked me up, but he was so proud.

I ripped open the paper to find a brand new SLR Cannon Rebel camera. Something I've been not so quietly hinting about for about 4 months. It was amazing! Since, I've been getting shots of everything in my sight and I'm loving it! Here are a few of my favorites!
Quite possibly the most exciting shot this week!
This is the back of our new house. Poor guys were working in 36 degree weather.
I'm in love with those men! I can't get out of this apartment soon enough.



This is my great friend, Jessica. It was a tacky sweater party.
She doesn't always wear hooker red lipstick, I promise.

My favorite!

Isn't she a cutie? But she looks so mean!

I must say, there are a FEW things in this world Dustin is better at than I am. Gift giving is one of them. Thanks for a great "because I love you" present, honey!

Merry Christmas everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment