Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Confession Number 26: We Had An OU Day

I've been trying to write this post for a couple of weeks, but my writer's block kicks in, then something else comes up that is a bit more time sensitive.  So, I'm finally in a writing mood and I'm determined to get this done because this post is important to me.  It shows my other side.  My pretty, happy, loving side.  My Sooner side.  My crimson side of my Bedlam Bipolar Disorder. 

I wrote about an OSU day here, but FINALLY, not too long ago, we had an OU Day.  OU Days, I should say.  Weezie was all excited to go watch the OU women in the regional basketball tourney in Kansas City, but Papa Lynn already had a fishing tournament planned for that weekend.  Oh, darn.  That meant that Weezie needed some one to accompany her to Kansas City and since Grove is on the way to Kansas City, KJ and I were the perfect candidates.  We had a blast!  Here is KJ with her Weezie at the Notre Dame game...
She was so good!  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that she had a....um, I mean, two "slooshies"...

 
We decided Kennedy must be a great good luck charm.  Every OU game she has been to has been a big win!  We had an extra couple of days to visit Kansas City after the win, so we spent one, very windy morning at the KC Zoo.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a huge success!  A very nice zoo with very eager sheep....
After the zoo and a nap it was back to the arena for another big Sooner win.  This time, KJ had to be bribed with a new Belle Barbie doll.  It didn't slow her down from cheering on the Sooners, though.  Look what we taught her....
OOOOOOOOOOOOO...........
U!!!!

Sorry Dustin, it just couldn't be helped.  You knew this day would come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment