Friday, July 16, 2010

Confession Number 49: I Need to Buy More Beads

A little over a year ago I bought a big Easter basket on ebay filled with goodies.  I bought it more for the basket than the goodies, but the goodies were a good bonus.  One said goody was a small wooden box full of wooden beads and string.  I tucked it back in a drawer thinking it would be a fun activity for KJ once she got older.  Fast foward 16 months and two moves later.  Yesterday I found the box of beads in some of my craft supplies.  I thought it might be a little hard for KJ to handle, but it was worth a try, so after naptime we ventured to the craft room and I showed her the big surprise I had been promising.

After about 10 minutes of instruction and help she was off!  She loved these things and spent over and hour working on them.   She worked....
Choosing each bead carefully....
She got almost all of the beads on there...
I was pretty proud of her for working that hard.  Beading isn't easy when you have teeny tiny fingers.  What great fine motor skills...
Note to self:  Beading equals happy and quiet preschooler for an extended period of time.  I need to buy more beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment