Thursday, September 23, 2010

Confession Number 60: It's Been A Good Day

This morning Dustin mentioned that it had been awhile since I had been bargin shopping at Homeland.  Yes.  It has.  Mostly because they have only had one or two deals I needed each week and I didn't think it was worth my time to drive 15 minutes to Homeland one way.  I've been using coupons here and there at Wal-Mart, but Homeland is my stocking up store, so our pantry shelves were getting a little bare. 

After surfing my blogs a bit this morning, I realized that there were some pretty good deals this week, so I worked on my list, printed off my coupons and headed to Jay.  Here was what I brought back...


Here is what I bought and the price after coupons:

Tidy Cats kitty litter.....49 cents
Friskies kitty treats.....FREE!
Tony's Crispy Crust Pizzas (2 of them)...FREE!
Armour Lunchmakers (2 of them) ...$1 each....no coupon
Oreos.....89 cents
Starkist Tuna....39 cents
Rhoads Warm and Serve Sticky Buns...69 cents
Carnation Evaporated Milk....79 cents each
85/15 Ground Beef....$2.81
1 lb. Baby Carrots....$1...no coupon
Butterflied Pork Chops...$2.03

This came to $11.88 plus tax.  Not too shabby! 

Some of you might be saying, "Charla, why are you buying kitty stuff?  You don't have a cat."  Well, actually we do.  We have two of them and they have been adopted by Dustin's parents since we left Piedmont.  We have felt a little guilty about their rent free living, so I've had my eye out for good cat deals lately to help out. 

I want to send a BIG shout out to Amanda at Simply Saving Savvy.  She compliles the Homeland deals in OKC, and while my store runs off of a different sales circular, many of the OKC deals are "unadvertised" at my store, so I can double dip.  I wrote about why I love SSS here

By the way, the majority of my coupons were printables, so if you are interested in your own Homeland trip, visit SSS for all of the coupon links. 

Happy Saving!

1 comment:

  1. Charla, I am loving all this link love. Thanks so much for faithfully reading and telling others!! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete