Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Confession Number 73: I'm Getting Ready

This week marks the last week of my second trimester of this pregnancy.   In some ways the time has flown by and in other ways it has seemed to crawl.

Now I find myself faced with the long list of "must get dones" before Baby Brother makes his appearance.  To me, this is the fun part.  The part where we begin decorating the nursery, hanging the baby clothes in the closet and getting everything else done around the house.  I've been lost in baby mode for the last few days: checking out swatches of fabric online, thinking about buying KJ new furniture, and going through a tub of hand me downs from a friend. 

We, somewhat easily, agreed on a nursery theme.  We are doing vintage sports with the whole room being built around a jersey of Dustin's and a jersey of Papa Jerry's from long ago.  Each will be framed and hung on the wall.  Papa Lynn already gave Baby Brother his "first baseball" for display and I'm sure we won't have a hard time finding some old footballs and basketballs to put here and there. 

I'm loving shopping on Etsy this time around, which is where I found the main fabric for his room....

Hopefully I can talk Mimi into making his crib skirt.  There are also coordinating fabrics we can use for his curtains, blankets, etc.  And I'm infatuated with this custom made crib mobile on Etsy...

Which she will make in any fabric to match his bedding. 

There are so many things I want to get accomplished around the house before he gets here.  Finish the guest room, trying to make it as nice and comfy as possible for, what I'm sure will be, Weezie's extended stay.  Finish (or at least start) decorating our bathroom.  Reorganize and repurpose the upstairs playroom for two kids and to sleep an extra guest or two.  Find Dustin a desk for his office and, most importantly, get Baby Brother's room all ready for his big arrival.  That is a lot to get done!  I'm sure it won't all happen, but everything will be perfect, just because he will be here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment